We need jobs!
The “Level Up!” program, in coordination with Columbia Urban League and Aiken Youth Empowerment, needs your help with our Summer Work Experience!
The program starts June 15th and lasts for six weeks. Teens attend a mandatory 4-day job-readiness academy and complete multi-layered career assessments.
Recruitment begins now through May 10th.
All job types are needed, especially STEM-related! Specific jobs requested: Human Resources, Forestry, Engineering, Child Care Positions, Customer Service Opportunities, Marketing/Advertising/Communications-based, Dentistry, etc.
- Stduents are paid AND insured through Columbia Urban League.
- Students receive several workshops throughout the year and four days of job traning in June
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from job sites
- Students receive a career assessment and are placed at job sites related to their career interest
- Students work 6 weeks in the summer, starting June
What We Need From You
- A positive work environment
- Able to complete and submit bi-weekly youth job evaluations and time-sheets
- Able to teach youth at least one skill
- Model good work habits
- Provide a safe place for youth to work and learn
Common Jobs from Previous Summers: Summer Camp Counselors, Office Assistant/Receptionist, Cashier/Customer Service Rep, Radio Station Assistant, Summer Food Program Assistant, Hair Salon Assistant, Geriatric Care Provider
Contact Tiiu Goode, Director of Community of Programming at 803-648-3456 to join this program or if you have quesetions.