Helping Hands eagerly invites individuals to become involved in our organization! One of our belief statements is that, as an agency, “we believe that every child deserves a nurturing and caring family, no matter what it looks like.” We also believe that volunteers help spread love to the children here and show them that there are people in the world who care about them. The presence of volunteers also allows the children at our agency to be exposed to positive role models to influence their behavior and increase their willingness to give back to the community.
Volunteer opportunities can vary. Examples of activities with children are:
- Sponsoring a Movie Night or Game Night
- Adopting a Birthday
- Having a Themed Party
- Coming to Do Arts & Crafts
Volunteer activities that do not directly involve children are:
- Having a Donation Drive
- Helping to Do Yard Work on Campus
- Sorting and Organizing Donated Clothes Received
- Helping with General Maintenance (e.g. Painting and Patching)
To become a volunteer at Helping Hands, it only requires the completion of five easy steps. These steps are:
- Download the individual or group application
- Submitting a volunteer application for processing, which takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Attending a volunteer training session.
- Submitting a documentation of freedom of communicable or contagious diseases. (TB test)
- And lastly, the “Fun Part:” Volunteering at Helping Hands!
It is our hope that you will join us and help us be a home for abused, abandoned and/or neglected children from all over the state of South Carolina. If interested in volunteering with us, please fill out the volunteer application, the background check, the central registry form and mail all documents, along with your payment, to our facility: P.O. Box 503 – Aiken, SC – 29802.